Obaro Best Foundation Scholarship Award (For Indigent Isoko Origins in Tertiary Institutions Across Nigeria), Maiden Edition, 2022
Obaro Best Foundation is an independent private Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), committed to improving the quality of life for disadvantaged individuals, by supporting primarily basic health care and educational needs of the less privileged.
Obaro Best Foundation is founded by Mr. Isaiah Obaro-Best from Irri in Isoko South LGA of Delta State, a businessman with the heart to ensure that a large number of indigent students of Isoko origin in the University or Polytechnic in Nigeria are supported massively in their academic pursuit in other to ensure their dreams are achieved.
In the light of this, Mr. Isaiah Obaro-Best has birthed the dream of supporting seven (7) indigent but bright students of the Isoko origin with scholarship award yearly of One hundred thousand naira (#100,000) each.
PRIMARY CONDITION FOR APPLICATION:
- This Scholarship provision is purely for indigent students (that is, those whose parents are poor)
- The applicants parents must be “poor”, or applicant must have lost either the father or mother and or both parents, and cannot fully afford the education bills of the applicant; or indigents parents who cannot afford fully the education bills of their children (students).
- Applicants must be of Isoko origin
- Must be in 200L (in the university) or ND II or HND II in the Polytechnic; 100L or ND I or HND I CGPA must not be below 3.00
- Should upload evidence of being an Isoko person (such as LG of origin plus a letter of introduction from applicant’s community PG or Traditional Ruler or a recognized Chief of Isoko origin)
- Applicant MUST upload his/her admission letter
- Applicant MUST upload evidence of being a student e.g. student identity card plus any valid identity card such as Driver’s license, voter’s card, international passport
- Application starts on Sunday the 1st of May 2022 and closes on Saturday the 28th May, 2022.
- Aptitude test shall hold on Saturday the 4th of June, 2022 by 11:00AM for all selected candidates.
The examination shall be computer based, and applicants can take the test at the comfort of their homes.
Time for the Examination is 11am and the duration for the examination shall be 15 minutes.
NOTE: Successful applicants (those who passed the test), will undergo a physical verification to ensure that such persons are truly indigent.
Dr. Oke Michael